There are few things worse than 'first!' - but I think that shoehorning in a 'Liebour' underneath the Spectator's coffee house blog admin apologising for technical difficulties must shine out as one of the most pitiful examples of website commenting ever:
Worthy of the sort of applause you might give for a single down to third man.
Relatedly, I'm also on the lookout for the most inane web comment of the year, given that it's Christmas and so on. Don't be naughty and say one of mine, now. I'm looking for something so thunderously stupid, so spectacularly anti-logic, that it's brain-explodingly bad. I did a quick straw poll on Twitter and found some marvellously awful examples, like this:
(Thanks to Bellamack for that beautiful example)
So that's the competition. Find me the most truly witless thing that's been written as an internet comment all year. The winner gets, er, well I'll think of a prize, but it'll be great*. Stick it in the comments or email me a screengrab.
* It may not be great really
No related posts.
Buy my book, it’s great
- Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio…
- Children died
- The letters you never get around to sending
- Applying again
- I just sent Robin round – 2
Most Commented On
- Iain on Applying again
- Roger on The letters you never get around to sending
- Dave Hodgkinson on The letters you never get around to sending
- droid on The letters you never get around to sending
- Rogue_Leader on The letters you never get around to sending
Hello. I'm a Bristol-based writer and soon-to-be-redundant journalist. You can read more about me and the Enemies site here, or follow me on Twitter. Email me if you like - antonvowl at live dot co dot uk
If you're struggling to read the site please use the drop down box below to increase the text size.