Even Mel isn't extreme enough for people commenting on her article about the 'odious' BNP today. As Eric notes, the comments praising the BNP are voted up to the nines, while those complaining are given a right old beatdown. That's pretty grim reading actually, but it's not unusual.
Just as with Littlejohn, the columnists may claim to find the BNP unpleasant and appalling, and I'm pretty sure they do, but when you write a hell of a lot of things they agree with then you've got the kind of fans you might not necessarily want to invite over for a barbecue.
Buy my book, it’s great
- Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio…
- Children died
- The letters you never get around to sending
- Applying again
- I just sent Robin round – 2
Most Commented On
- Iain on Applying again
- Roger on The letters you never get around to sending
- Dave Hodgkinson on The letters you never get around to sending
- droid on The letters you never get around to sending
- Rogue_Leader on The letters you never get around to sending
Hello. I'm a Bristol-based writer and soon-to-be-redundant journalist. You can read more about me and the Enemies site here, or follow me on Twitter. Email me if you like - antonvowl at live dot co dot uk
If you're struggling to read the site please use the drop down box below to increase the text size.